We are looking for a broad technical expert with excellent client development skills and a passion for leading and developing others to head up our infrastructure focused pre-sales team.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Presales role will have a history of demonstrated leadership of presales or technology consultants with an emphasis on coaching, messaging development, and support of strategic solution sales. As well as providing day to day direction for the team, the successful candidate will support career development and conduct regular one on one review conversations with the team.
They should be able to develop and present compelling technology topics to Anexinet sales prospects, demonstrating the solution benefits, technology differentiators, and technology strategies.
- Drive the transition of the client team from technical explanations to selling the value of the Anexinet solution.
- Lead the team towards less emphasis on transactional engagements and more on thought-leadership on complex sales pursuits.
- Ensure quick training and adoption of current and new Anexinet solutions by all team members.
- Ensure consistent approach and messaging within the customer facing delivery team across all disciplines
- Develop new technology messaging, in collaboration with our strategy, technology partners and industry trends, adapt to the various client requirements, and tailor to the specific sales opportunities
- Assume management of team sales opportunity assignments company wide
- Collaborates effectively with Presales team, Sales and Delivery to ensure optimal engagement and client coverage (deal size, strategic value)
- Assist in account coverage for Anexinet technology solutions.
- Lead technology engagements on large and complex pursuits.
- Mentors, coaches and provides day-to-day direction to all members of the client facing Infrastructure Pre-Sales team
Long Term Objectives
- Drive internal and external adoption of new technologies:
- Refine a matrix of when it is appropriate to communicate future capability
- Assist in developing training for presales to deliver market vision
- Become key point of contact for communicating that vision to more strategic accounts
- Provide oversight to strategic accounts:
- Regular checkpoints with large deals
- Provide longer term account development, not just focused on transactions.
- Risk mitigation – cross-team information sharing on these deals to minimize disruption if we have a retention issue.
- Coach and mentor this team and the sales organization to elevate our teams messaging.
- Change our sales process from “technical explanation” to “value selling”
- Provide clients with buying decisions, not just check boxes
- Drive internal acceptance of the new selling process.
- Develop and train sales on new tools to support this objective (whitepapers, etc.)
- Assist leadership in identifying complimentary resources to assist in this transition
- Define and measure team performance objectives and goals.
- Conduct regular reviews with team members to support career development, provide feedback on performance and agree annual goals.
- Ensure coaching and mentoring aligns
- Align team focus to sales objectives (forecast and key accounts)
- Work with Marketing to develop collateral product support materials and promote Anexinet events and trade shows. Provide feedback to Marketing, Delivery and Sales around effectivity of messaging and customer trends.
- Prepares extensively prior to a Sales engagement with internal Anexinet business areas i.e., Sales, Pre-Sales and Delivery ensuring maximum efficiency once the Sales engagement begins
- Becomes directly involved with potential customers via proposal requests or actively prospecting for new business opportunities
- Establishes relationships with the primary decision makers to facilitate future business development
- Works closely with the customer in discovery sessions and ongoing follow-up discussions to ensure clear and concise communication is taking place
- Lead and present at industry events, trade shows and local and regional user groups.
- Candidate should be comfortable discussing transformation from on-premise to Cloud/SAAS operating models. Technical architectures including High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts. Virtualization technologies like VMWare and others. Cloud, SAAS, and hybrid cloud deployments.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Hybrid Computing concepts like public and private cloud, serverless computing, platform computing, in-memory computing, containers, DevOps and HANA
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Pre-Sales (or similar) role, Presenting Technology solutions to CEO/CFO/CIO and at a Technology level for Supply Chain Management, ERP or similar experience within a major software company.
- Minimum 2 years of Technology consulting experience performing implementation services.
- Superior leadership, communication, Presentation and demonstration skills.
- Proven ability to work in multi-functional teams, networking effectively with others.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to rapidly establish credibility in any client or prospective client engagement.
- Experience leading technology or presales team.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume to Mike Campo, Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.