Buffer Overflow: Vomit Comet as a Service
AWS re:Invent, Amazon chicanery, and Google shake-ups
Chris Hayner, Delivery Manager
Kimberly DeFilippi, Project Manager, Business Analyst
Brenda Heisler, Resource Coordinator
AWS re:Invent recap
- Graviton2 – ARM based chip, Intel is like Huwhattt?
- AWS Outpost are GA, oh and AWS introduced local zones in LA
- Related – Verizon and AWS team up for unholy Edge alliance
- Kendra is going to look at all your stuff
- AWS says your developers stink, they can do better
- EKS for Fargate is an actual thing that you want?
- SageMaker gets its own studio – fully integrate IDE for ML
- Amazon overworks and underpays its warehouse workers and leaves them for dead if they get hurt, right?
- Cyber Monday is the biggest digital shopping day in the United States
- According to reporting done by the Wall Street Journal, the Amazon search algorithm favors Amazon products in listings.
- There are websites that are built to analyze listings and give a percentage of reliability on tons of online retailers.
- Amazon has a huge fake five star review problem, that they are seemingly entirely indifferent to.
- Steve Google is replaced by Sundar Google, er Pichai
- Who better to sell you your next phone than.. Roberto Escobar?
- Big shakeup in the CWE List of most dangerous software errors
- FCC to Wireless Carriers, “I just can’t stay mad at you.”
- AI and Kickstarter solving the first-worldiest of first world problems!
- Sneaky Apple